…new things we tried or revisited this week:
1. Callie and Sean both tried collard greens for the first time…let’s just say heaving was involved.
2. I started a new coaching blog! www.kairoscoaching.wordpress.com
3. Callie was tested for environmental allergies by an allergist. If we were looking for positive results, we found them, 17 of them. At least she is not allergic to us!
4. Canning beets. My mom canned them all the time when I was a kid. I learned from the best.
5. We now have a “word wall” in our house. For those who have kindergarteners and 1st graders, this will make sense. For those who don’t, imagine lots of multicolored post-it-notes with words written on them under the appropriate letter of the alphabet.
6. My Trans-Siberian Orchestra CD is now back in action. Nothing puts me in the Holiday spirit like listening to their version of “A Mad Russian’s Christmas”. It also makes for great running music! Take a listen for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P9xxJ4V7no You must listen to the whole thing!! You will see what I mean.
7. I completed all the requirements for the Board Certified Coach certification. This was truly a God thing. It is deserving of a blog post of its own.
8. I faced a fear of mine. Too personal to mention, but grateful for God’s patience.
9. Anthony (THE perfectionist) designed and is building a shed in our backyard. I love helping him (THE perfectionist), even though I know when to walk away! It reminds me of when my parents remodeled our home when I was a kid and brings back some great memories.
10. I tried sushi, at my dear husband’s insistence. The taste was okay, but the texture was another issue. I will try it again in the future, but will bathe it in wasabi first!!
What new things have you tried this week? Or what things did you revisit this week?
“Do one thing every day that scares you.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt