I am still learning. I learn something new everyday. I pray that I have the eyes of my five year old filled with awe, curiosity, and wonder. There is a quote that says something like “knowledge is power”. I disagree. All the knowledge in the world is powerless unless you act upon it. Knowledge is like the kindling for a fire and the match that ignites the flame is choosing to act upon that knowledge.
Think about it for a minute. We know lots of things…when we act upon just one of those things, we create energy. The energy that is created is like a snowball rolling down a hill. As it gains momentum, it gets larger and has a much bigger impact than a single snowflake by itself.
So, what are you learning and how are you acting upon it? Or, what do you want to learn and how are you going to act upon it?
Here are some random things I learned this week:
1. Coffee and cell phones are a bad combination.
2. Hairdryers have many purposes…like drying out cell phones that were dropped in coffee…
3. Never leave a 2 year old unattended with markers.
4. Magic Erasers work very well…
5. I forgot how painful the first week is on a detox. Day 7 today…
6. It is very helpful to have a partner to detox with.
7. I am very proud of and thankful for my husband who has done very well this week without ANY sugar or bread or potatoes!!
8. Kindergartners sometimes know best…I always thought it was “mom knows best”!
9. Sight words are not my friend…’nuff said.
and last but not least…
10. Never give up on people or yourself…you never know what tomorrow might bring.
“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest. ” Confucius